1 cup Wicker’s
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Green Pepper
1 Pound Roma Tomatoes
Juice from One Lemon
2 TBS Garlic Powder
1 TBS Cayenne
2 TSP Smoked Paprika
1 TBS Italian Seasoning
2 TBS Salt
Shredded Lettuce (optional)
1 Jalapeno (optional)
1 Serrano Pepper (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2) Mix all spices together thoroughly
3) Slice chicken breasts to around ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle spice mixture on each side of chicken pieces.
4) Pour ½ cup Wicker’s into skillet. On medium heat, simmer chicken in skillet for 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in baking dish with ½ cup of Wicker’s and bake on top rack of oven. Preserve remaining Wicker’s in skillet for step 6.
5) Dice onion, pepper and tomatoes. If you want a salsa of medium heat, dice one jalapeno. If you want salsa of high heat, dice one serrano pepper.
6) On medium high heat, caramelize diced onions in the remaining marinade from cooking chicken. Add the juice of one lemon while caramelizing. Season lightly with salt and garlic powder.
7) When onions are sufficiently cooked, reduce heat to medium and add peppers. Cook for five minutes.
8 ) Add tomatoes to salsa mixture mixing well. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
9) Check internal chicken. After internal temperature has reached 165 degrees, remove chicken from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.